Sunday, September 6, 2009

Divinipotent About Sunday Drivers

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?"
~ George Carlin

Today, wherever the sun is shining, people will climb into their cars for a leisurely drive to anywhere, only to be surrounded by road-ragers, tailgaters, zigzaggers, weaving drunks, marathon talkers and texters. Some will have the sense to take the slow lane.

“Most of American life consists of driving somewhere and then returning home, wondering why the hell you went.”
~ John Updike

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, while perusing the foreign magazines at a newsstand in Grand Central, I turned to my beautiful 61 year old friend, me being 59, and said wistfully, "Why is it that I'm only attracted to younger men?" After the slightest pregnant pause, my divinipotent friend turned to me and said, "Ahh, because they look better?"

    ReplyDelete