Sunday, August 23, 2015

Where I've been

It's been a long, long time since I last wrote a post. Where have I been? Working, mostly. My job has been very demanding. All jobs are these days.

But I've also been indulging my obsessions — taking photos of the sky a lot is one of them.  I'm sharing a few of them here. And when I look up at the sky, I usually have this song playing in my head.





Did I mention that I'm also obsessed with the New York City skyline? I am. It's different every day, depending on the light. In the photo below, I enhanced the color a bit to get it closer to the actual intensity of that sunset.


 I often walk across the Pulaski Bridge to Brooklyn, and I frequently stop to take a photo there. This is an example.


My other obsession is the East River. Gantry Plaza State Park is a great place to see it from. I took the two photos below on Manhattanhenge, July 12, 2015. The first shows the flotilla of kayaks that awaited the event. The second is the look of the sunset on a magical night.



I don't know when I'll be back with a new post, but I hope 18 months won't have passed. No promises.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It was delightful to wake and find a Divinipotent Daily post in my morning email. Your cloud pictures are gorgeous, as are your city skyline and sunset pictures. Gantry Plaza State Park looks intriguing, and your walk from LIC to Brooklyn across a bridge looks divine. I'd love to take your walks with you, and share your city and sky views. It would be particularly entertaining to walk across the Pulaski Bridge to Brooklyn. In SF, the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge added a walkway. Now, for millions of construction dollars, which provided a new bridge that may or may not actually be earthquake safe, there is a walkway that ends in the middle of the bay, and still no way to walk from SF to Berkeley or vice versa. No ferries either. I wish that walk and that ferry existed. Even the Golden Gate is more of an entertainment stroll or bike than a walk that gets you from location to location, though some bike commute from SF to Marin. Generally speaking, SF remains firmly in the car era. Thank you for the opportunity to look at my mapping software and imagine you walking from LIC to different locations in NYC. You remain an intrepid traveler. I miss you. Happy Sunday. (When I look at clouds I tend to think of The Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds. https://vimeo.com/68906475)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katherine. I miss you too. Maybe when you come back to NYC we can take that walk over the bridge.

      Delete
  2. These photos are so great! I always love it when you post photos of the city on twitter. Glad you are back, Michele!

    ReplyDelete